Sunday, July 22, 2007

King of weird dreams

I am the king of weird dreams. I challenge anyone to best me.

Last night's specialty, perhaps encouraged by a hearty German repast earlier in the evening:

I dreamt that Little Brother Number 1 and I robbed a bank. We knew the dye pack would explode in the bag but we were not concerned and even laughed about it. (I must note at this point that in real life, neither one of us are the bank-robbing type. Just in case you wondered.)

To get the cops off our trail, I threw the sack of money onto the top of a building and then calmly proceeded to some family get-together we were having across the street.

Later, I regretted what I had done and racked my dreamland-brain trying to figure out how to get the money bag down from the building-top without being seen.

I awoke briefly and then returned to the dream sequence. In this Part II, the money bag had changed into a peppermint candy, which apparently still urgently needed to be disposed of before the cops arrived. I tossed it hurriedly to some kid who was rolling in a wheelchair down a bridge towards me and he caught it in his mouth but then spit it out, meaning I still had to figure out how to get rid of it.

Mercifully, I woke up at this point.

8 comments:

Alexis said...

I'm pretty sure everyone has strange dreams. My mom's dreams always include some dramatic attempt at saving her own or somebody else's life. Mine are random...in most, absolutely nothing happens - I usually tend to just dream about going to school. Over the summer, though, they get strange. I've had dreams about one of my friends threatening to kill me, another one of my friends pretending to commit suicide as some sort of cruel prank, and most recently one in which another one of my friends is depressed and threatening to commit suicide and for some reason no one else is helping him but me.

I also once had a very strange dream involving Bono, but I can't recall exactly what happened.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Alexis: The brain is the last great frontier, and dreams are the messages that come thence.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I also have a very interesting dream life. I agree that dreams are messages from our inner selves, but sometimes they are too obscure to understand.

I hope you manage to ditch the goods before you get caught.

Cristina said...

I have a feeling you could just try and swallow the mint. Hope next time it's not the money again.

Alexis said...

There was also one that involved hundreds of elderly people in a swimming pool and the cast of Saturday Night Live. I can recall it pretty vividly.

Possibly the strangest one I've ever had.

Amar Mandair said...

I usually get strange dreams when something is terrible wrong or I'm just not where I'm suppossed to be. The last strange dreams I've had involved tiny baby crocodiles about 2 inches in length total spewing something out of their mouths at me. I was just surrounded by them and I later learned that the meaning of the dream was I surrounded by enemies...I ended up quitting that job soon after!

Eastcoastdweller said...

Alexis: Sounds like you had the movie "Cocoon" on your mind that night.

Amarpreet: I'm glad You escaped the crocodiles.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Emm... why aren't you in Hollywood writing movie scripts?

You could be making a buck more an hour!!!


*giggles*


Scarlett & Viaggiatore