Thursday, August 16, 2007

Some self-revelation

My blog friends:

I have been very vague on this blog about who I am, my real name, where I live, what I do -- anything that might pin down who I am in the real world.

It's mostly because my earliest posts were a catharsis, a way to express certain feelings that I had kept to myself for many years. Lately, I have seen my blog move in other directions, rerhaps permanently, and I'm almost inclined just to go back and erase the oldest posts, so that I can put my real name and other things like that to this blog.

Lyn asked me something today that no one else here has yet. I do not hesitate to answer: Yes, I am married, happily married, to a beautiful Woman with a heart of gold, who cares about animals and the simple pleasures of life. She has very little interest in the Internet and not much interest in this blog, although She has glanced at it from time to time and I've shown Her some of Your more interesting posts.

Of course She knows how much I adore Womankind -- like so many wonderful Women, She says She doesn't understand why.

She is deeply concerned about identity theft and such and has asked me not to say much about Her online. I will respect that, although I fill Her living ears daily with reminders of Her beauty, which She doesn't generally accept; and I talk about Her often with my acquaintances.

Perhaps it is a good thing that Lyn asked. It is the reason why (except in the case of Dawn, who is my designated trustee for this blog in case of my sudden death) I have not asked for any of your emails or taken the steps to go beyond the friendships that we have all developed here.

7 comments:

Lynda said...

Thank you! That was so good of you to share with us... you do realize that I asked if you were single to point to that part of the article about men who adore women... Your wife is blessed with a regal man, and, I am proud of you...

StayAtHomeKat said...

don't ever erase any of your writins....preserve them....just put them into draft mode so that they don't appear in the blog

StayAtHomeKat said...

I am very happy to know you found your WOMAN!
She is a lucky lady to be sure.

I know one man at work who treats his wife like a QUEEN
He is so romantic caring sharing...it is a JOY to see the happiness he gets in Giving!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

ecd,
I guess you are living proof that my "theory" is flawed. Congrats.

Darn, I was so hoping that Nessie exists too.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Thank You Lyn and Kat.

My Sweetie puts up with me, goofy as I am.

LGS: Hey, noone's ever proven there ISN'T a Loch Ness Monster.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You are a true gentleman.

Eastcoastdweller said...

And You are a true Lady, Carmen, as is the Angel whom I married.