Thursday, August 30, 2007

Great clothes shopping advice from Lyn

Lyn has given me permission to borrow this post from Her blog in its entirety, as I thought it might be helpful to the Women who visit here, some of whom may not be familiar with Her blog yet. I know my own precious Sweetie, though She is petite and cute, hates to go clothes shopping because a lot of the items just don't seem to be designed with individual Women of varying proportions in mind.

But I would urge you, if you find this post useful, to go to Lyn's blog in order to comment on it, not mine.

"Hey, this is way cool. There is a web-site where you can find the most flattering clothes for you~You give your measurements, and it creates a personal shop with clothes which are geared for your own unique shape. Go to My Shape.com .

I do not see any charges for joining, but, they are geared towards selling you the clothes they recommend for your body type. But, it could be a useful and wonderful experience, especially if you are like me, and, don't like to try on clothes when you go shopping...

Intellifit Virtual Fitting Rooms has scanning booths which make a fit print of your body, which in turn will be matched with brand name pieces so that you can find the right size. Go and see if there is one in your area. The on-line service is free, but, there is a charge for being measured at a store in your locale, and, the virtual print of you.

I just looked at the list of locations, and, they are throughout the United States, but, far and few between. I am sure that they will be popping up all over, as, it does make shopping easier, all the way around.

There is another site Zafu which through a series of questions can help you to find a perfect fit for jeans in 3 minutes. I can use this, as, jeans are not as easy to fit the way I like them as they were once.Just some little tidbits I found interesting and thought I would share with you. The good thing about each of these sites, is that once you know how to dress your body, what your body type truly is, then, shopping on-line just got that much easier, and, we all know that there are some great, unique, and, to-die-for pieces on-line..."

2 comments:

Open Grove Claudia said...

boy that's really helpful. I'm on the other end of the spectrum - 5'10" and absolutley hate shopping.

Thanks!

Lynda said...

Thank you my dear one for sharing this with your readers, it is really great info, and, is a fun experience, think? Hope your readers like it as well... take care and blessings...