Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Her ears -- the series continued


While I've hardly done justice in my previous post to that complex, beautiful miracle of the universe, the mind of a Woman, I will continue my happy little series -- knowing that I can go back and add more later if I want to.


So sensitive to the tender kiss of a lover, so delicately shaped to capture the sounds of Her world, perfect with or without the sparkle of earrings to accentuate them, men who love Women love Their ears right along with the rest of the miracle that is Her.


Here's a little scientific tidbit:


http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/408872_5

Women of all ages have better hearing at frequencies above 2000Hz than do men, with a difference of up to 20dB at 4000Hz.

The rate of decline in hearing sensitivity accelerates with age in both men and women, but men decline more than twice as fast as women at most ages and frequencies.
Photo credit goes to: http://www.martymagic.com/index.php/cPath/45. That site features an abundance of fun jewelry such as the earrings depicted above.

12 comments:

Laura Stamps said...

What an interesting fact...thanks. Love that earring too!! Sending you many faery xoxox today. :)

Open Grove Claudia said...

I love the earrings! How fun.

PixieDust said...

That would explain a lot, yes?

;-)

Mermaid Melanie said...

yes, i have exceptional hearing. its kind of cool when you can answer people who think you haven't heard what they said.

;-)

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love that site! every single earring!
I am with Pixie, LOL

Ian Lidster said...

Oh, ears of the female sort are to be cherished, and I love your thoughts on them. Nice photo.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Laura: About Tuesday in the average work-week, the blessing of a faery xoxox is about the only thing that keeps a person from going insane!

Eastcoastdweller said...

Claudia: I'm glad to be of service.

Pixiedust. It would. Although my Sweetie blames my inferior hearing on too much loud music in my car.

Melanie: I read a strange short story a long time ago about a boy who pretended to be deaf while he was growing up,in order to be able to take advantage of the opportunities that it afforded him.

Carmen: I'm glad to have sent a smile Your way today, too.

Ian: I can see that we are kindred spirits. Wish I could take credit for that photo -- but I can take credit for having spent a little time searching for just the right one online, that matched the spirit of the post.

PixieDust said...

I just read your comment on my blog, thank you... and of course you may link me - I'm very flattered...

:-)

StayAtHomeKat said...

yes! to guys who know that our ears matter...the sweet nothings whispered in them...and other attentions to them.


and one piercing is all I need to have for mine...

Rebecca said...

That is a very interesting fact. Might explain how we, as mothers, can ALWAYS pick out our kids voice from a cacophohy of kids' voices.

Nice earring photo, also :) I, too, have only one piercing, and never change my earrings from what you see in my photo. Can't mess with the classics.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Pixie: You shall be linked, the first chance I get tonight.

Kat: Your ears matter and everything else from head to toe, and thought, word, emotion and spirit, too.

Rebecca: Amazing, that.