Friday, August 31, 2007

Most Powerful Women

An article on "the most powerful Women in the world" today. My comments will come tonight.
"For the second year in a row, Angela Merkel, the first woman to become chancellor of Germany, ranks No. 1 on our list of the World's 100 Most Powerful Women. She continued to impress the world with her cool leadership at two back-to-back summits.
"First, she stuck to her principles, getting G-8 leaders to agree to significant cuts in carbon emissions, among other things. She later corralled European Union countries into an agreement on a treaty to replace the E.U. constitution..."
Everything that I have read of this Woman (Chancelor Markel) adds to the esteem that I have for Her; She is neither a dreary, knee-jerk anti-American nor a puppet of Washington. She is a smart, no-nonsense leader -- a very good thing for Germany and for the world.
I pray that this 21st century will see dozens, even hundreds, of such leaders of nations -- Women changing the face of history, leading our world into a better era.
Why can't we have more people of such caliber in the running for president back in these United States?

5 comments:

Open Grove Claudia said...

I cannot believe that I didn't make the list AGAIN! I always feel like the world rests on my shoulders. Doesn't that count??

LayDdee said...

looking forward to your comments tonight about "most powerful women."

Eastcoastdweller said...

Sorry if I disappoint, but this has been an exhausting week -- my brain and body are wiped out and my ability to form coherent sentences is doubtful. I'll sleep on this and try to say something intelligent tomorrow.

Nice to see You back, Laydee D -- I need to visit Your blog again.

LayDdee said...

Thank you - good to be back. Amen to women taking their place and making a difference. You did not disappoint - that's why we keep coming back you Rock Star!

Eastcoastdweller said...

Laydee D: Thank You. Being a rock star would be cool. Then again, there's Seger:

"You always seem outnumbered, you don't dare make a stand."