Monday, September 10, 2007

Melanie's interview

On Her awesome blog (one of them), Miss Melanie offers Her readers the chance to be interviewed, just for fun. So I volunteered and She sent me the following questions:

If I understand the rules correctly, I must now agree to interview a few readers of my blog who are interested.

It was fun!

1. What kind of work do you do for a living? Were you educated for this profession?
I do public relations. Like most people who do public relations, I started out in journalism and then sold my soul because I got tired of no money, no respect and no life.


2. Do you like to go swimming? Pool or the Ocean?

I was a scrawny little kid who shivered and suffered in the cold pools of my youth. Then I finally went to a YMCA pool that was heated -- oh heaven, and I have loved swimming ever since. Definitely love the ocean more than some chorinated concrete box -- but give me a clear, cold mountain stream to jump into if you really want to make me happy -- I'm not a scrawny little kid anymore, I can take the lung-squeezing, brain-chilling temps pretty well, especially after a long, hot hike.


3. How did you meet your wife? Your most romantic moment with her.
Sweetie and I met over dinner at college. I had this naive and pompous plan to date every single girl at my university at least once. She was about number four and I called off the plan after that -- I'd found the best and I didn't need to keep looking.

On my way cross-country to marry Her, I noticed a sign for Carthage, Mo., where there is a Precious Moments theme park. Precious Moments -- they are little porcelain statues that some Ladies, including Sweetie, love. I stored that info in the back of my mind and then took Her there on our tenth anniversary. She spent a week happily buying up the place while I smacked mosquitoes and, being the driver, labored diligently to keep from getting lost.

4. What are your origins? and how (or in what ways) does this beginning affect your world now?

I originated as a cloud of hydrogen atoms (Adena says helium!) in the heart of a star several billion years ago. More recently, my human form was born to a loving couple with the dad part of the equation being in the U.S. military, which meant that I grew up all over the planet. Which has helped me get along with all kinds of people but also means that my relationships can be somewhat shallow-rooted and I have to work extra hard to keep important people from slipping out of my life.

5. How long does it take you to get ready to go out on the town? What is your favorite outfit?

I'm a guy. It takes me about thirty seconds. My favorite outfit is whatever is clean and not missing a button.

8 comments:

Mermaid Melanie said...

Thanks again for playing along. and what wonderful answers.

;-)

Rebecca said...

The last q and a is very funny!! Doesn't take me long either, and I am definitely not a guy :) Though I will admit to putting more thought into my outfit than clean and not missing any buttons.

LayDdee said...

Thank you for sharing with us your "stuff". We can all sleep at night knowing you wear clean clothes. That's more than we can say for most guys.

Open Grove Claudia said...

So fun to learn more about you! Thanks for sharing - and what a great story about the Precious Memories park.

Anonymous said...

haha.. interesting interview.. get ur link from ndpthepoetress :)

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Nice answers to good questions.

There is a whole park dedicated to Precious Memories? What a nice thing to do for someone who loves them.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Melanie: Wonderful answers derive from wonderful questions.

Rebecca: With a beautiful, Feminine name such as Yours, I'm relieved to hear that You are not a guy.

Laydee: That's another of the 10,999,546 reasons why Women rule and men drool.

Claudia: Thank You!

Jolene: Thanks for visiting!

Adena: Oof! There go a few more teeth. You'll soon have me reduced to eating applesauce and wearing the permanent imprint of Your pretty foot across my face.

Susan: It is nice. But the mosquitoes there suck -- literally.

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Great to learn so much about you, Thank you!