Tuesday, September 11, 2007

If Computers Could Feel Pain, a theme revisited - a lunchtime post

In an office, in the not too distant future, a woman is alone with her computer, typing away when she suddenly throws up her hands in frustration.

Her fingers move towards a red button on the keyboard.

She presses down savagely.

The computer’s voice module sounds.

(Sardonic, mocking voice): You think a little zap like that can hurt me?

The finger hits the button again about 15 times.

(Desperate cyber-voice): Okay, okay, I’m sorry. It’s your damn fault, carbon-based creep. You inputted the wrong HTML code. You’ll have to –

(Button is pushed again several times in rapid succession)

(Frantic cyber-voice): Please, I’m sorry! I’ll fix the HTML. Sorry to have bothered you. By the way, your spelling is –

(Button is pushed again)

(Voice yelps) – your spelling is just fine, oh brilliant one. Hey, what’s that on the window sill? (Spelling errors are quickly fixed when the woman looks away.)

Woman smiles and presses a green button on computer. Computer shivers.

(Voice says) I must ... inform you, ma’am, that I am a married monitor.

5 comments:

PixieDust said...

HAHAHAHA!

"Of all the buttons, in all the world, why did she have to push mine..." forlorn computer sighs

:-)

Dawn said...

Scarily, that's how e-collar trainers train their dogs....sigh. :(

Amar Mandair said...

Love it! Great post, had me laughing!

Open Grove Claudia said...

My computer screams every time I get honey on it.... bastards.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Dawn: That sounds cruel.

Empress: Good to hear that.

Claudia: Honey should make it happy, not angry.