Monday, June 4, 2007

My daily devotion

The nice thing about having one's own blog is that one gets to set the rules and those who don't like it, or who find it repetitive, inane or annoying, are free to go somewhere else.

So I am going to blog for a moment on my absolute, most-favorite subject in the world and if it bothers you or you think you've heard it before or you find it juvenile, tough. And be warned: I shall probably do it again.

I absolutely adore Women. I find their presence fascinating, their thoughts compelling, and their existence salvatory. There are maybe three Women in the world, of the thousands who show up in my daily life, in the newspaper or on tv, whom I actively dislike and perhaps if I knew them better, I might repent of that sin.

This is not just a drooling, sex-sort-of-thingy. I hope that I have matured beyond that since my youthful awakening to the wonder of Women in the world. It is the whole package -- body, mind, soul, emotion, the absolutely divine essence that animates every molecule of the double-x chromosome Being -- that captivates me.

In the last 24 hours, I have been able to provide some needed assistance to an older female friend in a nursing home, which should disabuse anyone still thinking that it's all about sex. I have given a ride to work to another female friend today, a pleasure indeed -- a goddess riding in my humble car, warming its seat with her bodily presence and exhaling her gentle breaths into its airspace.

I have gazed upon the beautiful artwork of a young African-American girl from the inner city, which I will be able to publicize on her behalf; and I have looked into the beautiful blue eyes of a woman from Texas who paid my office a visit -- as I did so, I imagined the Texas bluebonnets blossoming in the vistas of her memory.

I am blessed indeed.

1 comment:

Eastcoastdweller said...

Hmm. Appears everybody DID go somewhere else.

Well, I asked for it. )o: