Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The endless cycle

I remember the scramble in high school when a big project was due. The misery, the long nights, the utter relief when it was finally done and turned in.

Then I went to college. More big projects, more misery, more long nights, followed by utter relief.

Then I got a job.

See where this is going?

Today will be a clean up the office, enjoy the relief of a deadline met and vanquished, sort of day. Soon enough, a new project will come along.

Meanwhile, being a glutton for punishment, I have assigned myself writing projects beyond this office, on my own time, for various local magazines. Interviewing an expatriate historian. Tracking down a guy who made a huge archaeological discovery in my region.

Life is great. Projects spring eternal. And my office is a mess.

No comments: