Thursday, April 26, 2007

Do you feel like a man?

I should not ever listen to Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and that song of theirs about domestic violence:

"Do you feel like a man, when you push her around?"

Because it makes me want to hunt down the kind of guy that actually does feel that way and deprive him painfully, with whatever instrument or object I can find at hand, of his manhood. Or maybe just beat him senseless.

Which is, of course, two wrongs trying to make a right. Violence begetting violence.

So instead, I will simply advise any so-called man out there who believes he has any right whatsoever to dictate any demand to a woman; to blame her for his bad moods; or to lay one finger upon her with the intent to cause pain:

You are a pathetic loser, the weakest of the weaklings. Get help. Get it fast. I don't care if you saw your daddy hurt your mother, or your boss at work is mean to you, or your IQ is too low for you to come up with better options for your free time. If you were a real man, you'd go punch a grain sack to get your anger out or just take a long walk.

My father had a rotten childhood with a chronically angry father who was no role model whatsoever for him. My father is a real man. He's put that behind him, broken the cycle, and he does not abuse my mother. He treats her like the gold that she is. If he can do it, you can do it. Stop making excuses.

Because eventually you will go too far. Little bruises will become big bruises and you will go to jail, where you belong, God willing, and you will be very badly hurt or maybe killed in there and no one will feel sorry for you.

1 comment:

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Well said my Friend! It is of my opinion that unfortunately truth and consequences are merely sadly seen as an attack on the ego of such men, hence making their inward beast wilder - thus unable to hear the penalties or care. The fact is domestic violence is indeed an epidemic in our world. The number of men who ‘can not’ nor ‘will not’ attempt to dissect their animalistic instincts is astronomical. Perhaps they are not man enough to control their low life animal behavior. Yes, I have attacked such mens ego with that statement, but hopefully in the process of their brutal roars - I too have helped shed some reality for them, in hopes there is anything salvageable of their human side.