Friday, April 13, 2007

9 to 5 hath its blessings

I've never had a 9 to 5 job. My required arrival times have been all over the clock. That has its benefits. I usually miss out on the hellish horror of 9 t0 5 congestion.

It must be so wonderful to lay around in bed until 7 or 8 in the morning, though, and to enjoy that mythical meal called breakfast.

And it appears that 9 to 5 ers, being something of a majority, and therefore an advertiser's bread-and-butter, get another treat: good music on the radio.

I usually have two musical choices for my commute: bring a CD or resign myself to pushing a lot of buttons on the radio before finding anything worth cranking up.

But I had to run an errand today circa 9 a.m. and that's when I discovered what I'm missing. In just ten minutes, not only was I treated to Ozzy's "Going off the Rails on a Crazy Train," but right after that, G N R's "November Rain."

Perhaps it was mere cooincidence, or a dj in tune with my vibe.

Whatever the case, I think I'm going to have a great Friday.

No comments: