Friday, March 20, 2009

Another friend found -- or soon to be

I grew up a military kid, which was in some things great, in other things not.

I made and said goodbye to more friends by age 17 than many people will in a lifetime.

Last year I reconnected, briefly, with a Goddess of a Woman from my past, Darlene Tsue, who did not remember me at all, though I remember and cherish everything about Her from Her daily mannerisms, to Her preference in cigarettes to almost every word that She ever said to me.

And now I have discovered that my best friend from high school, one of the most wonderful men I have ever met, is still alive and kicking somewhere in Florida, despite rumors to the contrary. One little payment to ussearch.com and I'll be calling him this weekend. I'm so excited.

L. was a gentle giant, a fun-loving, peace-loving, old school rap-loving, truly cool guy.

4 comments:

StayAtHomeKat said...

Wonderful! to be in touch with friends, old and new.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Lovely Kat: I'm just not very good at it. I still haven't even read Your post about the Indian Museum, fer cryin out loud.

StayAtHomeKat said...

I know! :-(

and all my postings on the DC trip were so cool.....
(IMHO)

But I am glad your life is so Full and Busy :-)

Janice Thomson said...

Isn't it neat when you come across friends from the past! That happened recently to me also though the actual friend had passed but his son stopped me in the woods and mentioned his Dad whom I had known for some time.