Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cheesemaking

Name something that typically smells foul, is made from decayed food and that almost everyone alive, even small children, love.

It is cheese, of course.

I did some research a while back on how to make my own, since it seemed absurd to me how much cheese costs.

I got as far as learning that it takes 11 gallons of milk to make a pound of cheese before I realized one reason why the stuff is so pricey.

Check out this article by another brave soul who went a lot further than I did: www.breadandmoney.com/docs/cheese2005.html

5 comments:

LayDdee said...

Off the subject - Just want to say Merry Christmas Eastcoast and I hope that you laugh, eat, love, kiss and hug a lot with your close family and friends over this Holiday Season!!!

Sincerely,
LayDdee

BraveHeart said...

it is a day before christmas, do you celebrate christmas?
do you have a tree?
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Eastcoastdweller said...

Yes, Ela, we celebrate in all the traditional American ways and we finally bought a pre-lit tree this year.

How about You?

BraveHeart said...

I do celebrate christmas. I have most of my family here with me and we start December 24th!
This year I am going places, so I do not have to cook (lucky me:)

xDashofPanachex said...

I live a couple miles south of Wisconsin- we've learned not to question the ways of Cheese!