Thursday, February 8, 2007

Okay, politically I'm quite conservative, as far as believing that people, their money, their property, their beliefs, etc., should be left alone.

But personally, that doesn't make what they do with it right.

For example, a rabid liberal would say that government should tax the %$# out of the richest folks and use the money to fight AIDS or save the environment. That there should be legal compulsion brought to bear on these issues.

I don't agree.

I do agree that everyone has a moral obligation to be more thoughtful of the suffering masses. Big difference.

I do believe in personally doing my own part to preserve the environment. But rather than blow up bulldozers at a development site, I'll send a contribution to the Nature Conservancy to buy the threatened land instead.

No comments: