Thursday, May 1, 2008

Aargh!!!

If I haven't visited your blogs much this week, it's because I have been submerged in my quarterly project, the district newspaper insert.

When I go grey, it will be in part due to this task.

About a week ago, I presented my boss with a one page statement, his ghost-written "column" that runs in that newspaper. Having heard nothing from him, with the deadline fast approaching, I gave him another copy yesterday afternoon, reminding him that I had to have this thing done by 9 a.m. today.

I heard nothing.

I should not have assumed that that meant all was well. I should not, I should not.

I came in early this morning and through exhausting effort, met my deadline to send the project to the printer.

At 12 p.m., my boss came to me with the corrections that he wanted for the column.

You can imagine the scenario when I told him the newsletter was already being printed.

Yes, I should have called him to make sure that he was okay with it. I know that he is very busy, with a very important job. But quite frankly, am I 100 percent to blame in this case?

3 comments:

BraveHeart said...

reading this post, I was thinking...ah, if your really really want to feel this way, I'll say: yes! why didn't you visit the blogs?? you just say you'll visit and don't!

We are our own worst enemies..

Reading your blog and the commentators, I have not seen a complaint regarding you not read a blog of theirs. And they still visit.

Sometimes we get into a visious cirlce of blaming ourselves.

you are having quiet a week! come on! lighten up.

Janice Thomson said...

I guess one should never assume anything 100% but gosh TWICE you gave him a copy - to me that puts the ball in his court. Yes he is probably busy but he could have said the second time that 'oh yeah forgot to tell you this needs some changes - call me later' or something to that effect...
Live and learn I guess - uh, so when does the livin' part come in? :)

the walking man said...

Absolutely you are to blame. What you lost your mind reading skills? ha ha ha ha ECD, when presented with a situation like this, smile take the abuse and look for a way...gather your plan and execute it without remorse. I have never been a passive participant in life, that includes the work place with supervisors who couldn't do what i did.Wouldn't do what I did. and thereby forfitted their right to my respect and cooperation.

*shrug* two can play

Peace

mark